Saturday, November 7, 2009

Color Me Blue

Color me blue
I'm in sorrow
I miss you
My other half
With your leaving
I am bruised

I use to dive into your eyes
Swim for hours and never get tired.
Get lost into your soul
And still feel at home.
Pain tugs at my heart
When I think of why we fell apart
Our pride will never allow us to lose;
To bend and take fault
For our actions
And the words that we used

Tell me you love me,
Then take your words back
Show me you care,
But never take it to the next step
I take one step forward,
And you take one back

Like the economy,
We have fallen into recession
And I see no hope of us ascending.
Neither of us willing to let go of our egos
I'll take my heart back
And release yours
To the canopy of stars
Where I sent all my wishes
Of us lasting

I will always love you,
But I realize you will never love me
Like I do you.
Love reciprocated
Love unconditionally
I'm starting to think
that this can only be found in dreams

1 comment: