Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tell Me A Story

Tell me a story
A grand story
No fairy tales or lies
I only want truth in this story
I want an enchanting story
Keep me at the edge of my seat
With something compelling
I want to hurl with laughter
Because I find this story
Outrageously funny
Tears well-up in my eyes
When the story becomes touching
I want to be enthralled
With its charm and wit
I want to become so scared
That I find myself drenched in sweat
When you tell of earthquakes and disasters
I want to feel the earth shatter
When you speak of the sun rising
And morning dew
I want to hear the finches sing
To feel the rush
Of jumping out of a burning plane
Without a parachute
Feel the excitement
Of sprinting down the freeway
While an uncontrollable
Eighteen-wheeler pickup truck
Is full speed headed toward me
I want to feel the heat
Of the fiery flames
I want to be wet
By the pelting rain
I want to feel the soil
Synched between my toes
Tell me a story
A grand story
No fairy tales or lies
But if fairy tales and lies
I want a grand story
Filled with fantasy
That I can learn from

1 comment:

  1. HEY VELL IT'S CALLIE, I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE GOOD JOB!BISS KISSES!

    ReplyDelete