Monday, August 2, 2010

All That We Did

I know I have a bad case of writers block
But I'm just going to vent from what lays dormant in my heart...

Our past night spent with one another
Took me by surprise
And put you in my bed
Lips interlocking and heart pounding
So hard
I could feel it in my head
Memories ran fluid through my mind streaming past as if it were yesterday
As if you and I had just met
On that hot summers day
And as our story unfolded
No one could have told me that
We wouldn't be together
At the end of that very day
So when the tables turned
And you later learned
That I was swept away
You had me thinking the whole time that everything was A-okay

But it wasn't.

Like a grape left sitting out
My situation turned sour
And the moment I turned to you
Things were different
You had the upper hand
You held the power
The claim to your heart
Proved itself to be unsuccessful
I was adamant
But you remained recalcitrant

For a while...

Broken-hearted
I took doses of you
You were my fulfillment
A temporary supplement
But I held back to prevent you from becoming my
Substitute lover
I knew if we fucked up
There would be no do overs

But when I had decided
To let go and give in
To this unresolved, unrelenting love
Your vague interpretations left me un-mended
And when I called you oblivious
I had meant it

I cannot remember how we repaired it
But here we are
Right back where we had left at
Tasting on your bottom lip
Reminiscing on
All that we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment