Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Religion

There is neither heaven nor hell-
Well...
I believe heaven and hell
Is right here
Right on this earth
And I truly believe that I knew this
Since birth
With this waging war between good and evil
And this split
Between malevolent and benevolent people
And everything in between that's going on
We all know the difference
Between our rights and wrongs

I believe in a god.
He is in me and you
I believe he is in everything beautiful
Anything true
And absolute.
And Lucifer
I believe in him too
He breeds darkness and hatred
In empty souls
That can take it.
Bill O' Reilly he's the devil
Even though you might see him
Trying to fake it.
And that bad ass kid in the subway
Trying to kill that pigeon
Well he has the devil in him too.
And it so happens Lucifer owns
Fox 5 news

I don't know if I necessarily believe
In reincarnation.
That I once was a
Caterpillar or a butterfly
Undergoing a Transformation
Or if in my past life
I was a man
Who was married
And had a wife

And so what if the Jews lied
Of how many people who have died
Oppression is oppression
We all have seen each other cry

And I'm sorry I just can't believe
The bogus folklore of Christianity
That was a religion given to the black community
All throughout slavery
Taught to us by the "merciful" missionaries.
Which taught us to pray for our pie in the sky
While the white man reaps his heaven on earth
That the bible is a be all, say all,
Chauvinistic, homophobic,
Literary work.
Filled with fables and fairytales
That goes against what's taught in scientology
And no I'm no Tom Cruise
But the bible sure does remind me of Greek mythology.

And no I don't think that the practice of Islam is evil
At the end of the day I think religion is beautiful and pure
What fucks it up is the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment